It’s that time again…
Actually, it’s my favorite time of year! I always look forward to the warm summer months filled with popsicles, swim parties and memory making! Don’t you?
The summer months are here again and for those of us who work from home and whose kids are on the summertime schedule, it’s time to get creative. “Why?”, you ask. Well, I don’t know about you, but I know that I can’t get a whole lot of work done when three kids need my attention. So, how do we work around this very real obstacle to continue to grow our businesses?
Here are 5 simple ways that I came up with to help you grow your business, work less and enjoy the summer with your kids.
- If you haven’t done so already, hire a virtual assistant to cover your marketing, customer service and financial processes. If you are already working with a VA, you might want to consider beefing up with a few more hours through the summer to take some items off of your plate.
- Forget about launching any new programs or products during the summer months if your goal is to spend time with your kids. Summer is typically not an ideal time to launch new products anyway, so relax and plan to ramp up when the kids go back to school.
- Sign your kids up for at least one week of camp per summer month and take this free time to make sure all of your systems are on track, that you are hitting your goals and make any needed adjustments while you have the time!
- If you don’t have any help caring for your children during the day, shift your work time to the evenings when your children have gone to bed, but make sure you leave enough time to get your own beauty rest!
- Schedule a family vacation or camping trip where you completely unplug for at least a week. We all need to recharge our batteries and the summer is one of the best times to do it.
If you would like to share your ideas, we’d love to hear them in the comments below!
Go easy on yourself.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Enjoy your family.
Take a dip in the pool or the lake with your kids.
Have a few picnics.
Take lots of photos.
Most importantly, enjoy the beauty of life and RELAX, RECHARGE and RENEW!