“How do I get Google traffic to my business blog without paying for Ads?”
I am not an SEO expert, but as someone who has blogged for over 6 years and generated a respectable amount of organic traffic to my sites, I have picked up a few nuggets of information that can help you to optimize your content for organic search engine traffic.
Here are 5 tips that will help your blog to get picked up by the search engines and a bonus tip at the end that will help you to increase your Alexa score.
- Write about topics that your social media following will want to read, share and discuss on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and other social platforms. The easier it is for people to share, the more exposure your message will receive. Don’t forget to encourage discussion of your posts and respond to comments that your posts receive. People will not comment on blogs if they feel like they are talking to themselves.
- Once you settle on a topic for each blog post, stop by the Google AdWords Keyword Tool and type in your topic to see what keywords you can use in the title that get searched for enough to drive traffic to your site. Then, enter as many meta tags (keywords that someone might use to find your post) into the meta tags section of your post. Also, if you haven’t already, install and activate an SEO plugin your site, which will make it easier for you to input this information in specific fields when you upload your posts.
- Link to other relevant posts on your blog within each post to encourage readers to stay a while and to provide even more resources for your audience. I am not sure how exactly this helps to increase your organic search results, but it definitely makes sense why it helps with your website ranking as visitors stay longer on your site.
- Include an image related to your topic in every post and make sure that you tag the image with a description that includes some of the keywords you pulled up in the Keyword Search. If your blog is on a platform like WordPress, I believe you are one step ahead of the curve as using things like meta tags and including descriptions on your images is fairly easy.
- Post to your blog a few times a week with valuable, high quality content in various mediums that begs to be shared. The more you post to your blog with useful content, the more you give readers a reason to come back. On top of that, Google favors blogs that actively update their content. So, create a social media editorial calendar that allows you to post with consistency while delivering a message that brings you and your audience closer to the goals that matter.
If you can add to these suggestions, by all means please leave your 2 cents in the comments. If you have any questions, as always, feel free to leave them in the comments as well. And if you like this post, please click on the share buttons below and help spread the word to your friends who may be waiting for exactly this information. Thank you so much!