Remember the line in the movie Field of Dreams, “If we build it, they will come”?
Well, that was a movie and in real life if you build it, they won’t come… unless they know you are there. As an entrepreneur, your job once you have built your fantastic dream of a business is to get the word out there to the right people (your target audience) that you have the exact product or service that will make their life better.
This is why creating a client attraction system or marketing plan is essential to your success.
Here are 5 steps to get you started designing a powerful client attraction system that attracts clients to you:
- Make a list of the 5 biggest pains or concerns of your target audience and use this in your brand messaging along with how your product or service can help solve these problems.
- Research the 3 places that your target audience interacts most often (online and off) and set a plan to be in those places (ie: PPC ads, print ads in local newspapers or trade magazines, conferences etc).
- Define your marketing budget for reaching your target audience.
- Create a strategic plan to split test your ads so you can test and track locations, messaging and images for highest rate of return.
- Regularly follow up with all clients via online survey, email or phone to track how they found you, what inspired them to purchase your products or services and how long it took them to make the decision to buy.
The whole idea behind the client attraction system is to continually have a stream of incoming customers to your business. Pay close attention to what is working in your client attraction efforts and quickly reduce activities that do not give you a return on your investment of time or money.
The goal of an effective client attraction system is to increase the know, like and trust factor and build your relationship with your audience, so that they become satisfied clients.
On a side note, I have found social media to be an extremely effective way to connect and build a relationship with my target audience, but it does involve a significant amount of time and energy. If you plan to use social media as a part of your client attraction system, be specific about what activities you plan to use (and how often) in order to connect with your ideal audience.
If you would like more detailed information about creating a powerful Client Attraction System, Fabienne is a wonderful resource.
Do you have any tips, additions or questions about client attraction? Please leave your thoughts in the comments and have a wonderful day!