Adjective: (of light) Very bright and radiant.
These days, with the power of social media and the advent of blogs and the digital footprint, we all need to know what makes us special online and off so that we can reach the right audience. How do you stand out from the crowd amidst a sea of screaming Me-Me’s? How do you make that first impression in a way that makes you not only memorable while having an impact?
Be the best you can be in every moment while making your purpose about impacting others in a positive way.
Sounds good on paper (or on screen) but I want to break this down into concrete action items for you. Some of these things may sound obvious and you may have even heard them in some way, shape or form many times before, but maybe this time you will hear them differently. Maybe this time, you will take them to heart in a way that will change your life.
Being the best YOU that you can be requires total honesty about your strengths and your weaknesses.
Being the best YOU that you can be means that you will need to look at the good, the bad and the ugly as well as the amazing, the awesome and the fabulous.
It means being honest with yourself and who you are and what you want out of life, not trying to be someone else’s idea of success or perfection.
The other part of the equation is that you really can’t make a positive impact in the lives of others if you don’t do it in your own life first. Think of it as investing in yourself so you can help make the world a better place by simply being the person you were put on this earth to become. If you really want to shine, commit to the following 7 tips to being brilliant online and off.
- Do something EVERY day that makes you feel healthy and powerful. Exercise, make art, dance… whatever it is, do it!
- Connect with your spiritual side. Meditate, pray or just be in nature. This will help to keep your mindset on the bigger picture of life.
- Be a giver. When we give to others and expect nothing in return, it actually gives back to our soul. The key is to remember that what you receive in return is the love that you feel.
- Express gratitude consistently. If you want to be brilliant, your energy has to be about loving what comes your way and acknowledging it regularly.
- Visualize your brilliance. Focus daily on who you want to be and what you want out of life so you can create your ideal reality.
- Be who you really are. Don’t try to pretend that you are something or someone who you are not. Embrace every aspect of yourself.
- Stay positive. When you focus on what is going right in your life and in your business, you will get more of that. You will still need to be honest with yourself about areas where you need improvement, but acknowledging your shortcomings is the first step to closing the gap and stepping further into your greatness.
There are many more things we can do to be brilliant in our virtual and personal lives, so what would YOU like to add to the mix here? Please share your thoughts in the comments.