2. The quality of having been so stimulated, esp. when evident in something: “a moment of inspiration in an otherwise dull display”.
When I think about what inspires me on a daily basis and what has inspired me to take decisive action at any point in my life, whether it related to my life or my business, 2 things come to mind…
First of all, I am inspired by the love of my friends and family and the connection that comes with being in relationship with others. This drives me to do many things, but most of all to love. Secondly, when I think about the businesses that I have been involved in, the ones that have made the biggest impact on the world have been built out of a passion or an inspirational idea.
Many businesses are born out of inspiration, but if entrepreneurs are not mindful to build a routine out of that inspiration, growing the business can lose it’s sense of passion and become a job. It is critical to every entrepreneur’s success to build inspiration into your daily schedule so that creativity and passion are fostered. When entrepreneurs are inspired, they are more enthusiastic about their offerings, which means they are more likely to attract happy clients and build a profitable business.
Here are 5 simple steps to build an inspiration practice into your business and life:
- Make a list of the top 25 things that inspire you. If you want to build an environment of creativity in your business and/or family, do this exercise with your team and support each other in the next 4 steps.
- Choose 5 of your top inspirations and write down how you can connect with them in the next week.
- Block out time (15-30 minutes) in your calendar to actually engage with your top 5 inspirations over the next 5 days.
- Keep a journal about how connecting with these inspirations feels and how it can help you in your life and business.
- Commit to this practice for the next 21 days, until it becomes a daily practice that allows you to interact with the things that make your life more enjoyable and more meaningful.
When you take time to regularly seek inspiration, your mind shifts to focus on the success that you are already experiencing so that you can open the potential for more success to come your way.